Here, at Octopart, we are not afraid of challenges. That is why we work hard every day to enable technology of the future. We accomplish that through streamlining the engineering workflows by building powerful search tools and making electronic components and supply chain information easily available.
What We Do
We are constantly improving the platform that accommodates 500,000+ engineers and part buyers who use Octopart to find parts, research pricing and availability, find datasheets, and select components for new designs.
About the Team
We’re a small, supportive, friendly team who genuinely enjoy working together. Each person comes from different walks of life: industry veterans brainstorm with recent college graduates, and hardware hackers collaborate with theater critics and folk musicians to build and grow our search engine.
What You Will Do
As a Backend Web Engineer you will build new search features, improve existing algorithms, and develop new ideas.
- You’ll manipulate our extensive electronic component data to build a new search feature
- You’ll adjust our search algorithm to help electrical engineers find parts fast
- You’ll work with our Product team to develop ideas
- You’ll collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on proposed technical changes
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs and implement solutions
- You’ll work on operations problems and troubleshoot production issues
- You’ll contribute to internal tools to help our sales team and provide analytics for our business team
As a UX Designer you will make our part search solutions so intuitive and natural feeling that makers, engineers, and part buyers will never go anywhere else. You will work to answer these questions:
- What’s the best way to display dense, highly technical information in ways that are clear but don’t leave anything out?
- How do we make technical product search natural and intuitive?
- What’s the right design language to use to communicate with an audience that is partially engineers and partially component purchasers?
Perks include competitive salary, generous health, dental and vision coverage as well as open vacation policy.
If you are interested, submit your application here. If you immediately thought of someone you know while reading this, forward this link to them and encourage them to apply.
If you have more questions, contact us at email@example.com. Otherwise, we look forward to hearing from you!